Nisha Thayananthan is a doctor, philanthropist and beauty queen from Malaysia. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She hails from Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.
- She is the founder of Health of Community.
- She is the inventor of the Ecopad, a 100 percent biodegradable organic sanitary pad.
- From 2010 to 2011, she attended Perak Matriculation College in Gopeng, Malaysia.
- From 2012 to 2017, she went to Universiti Malaysia Sarawak in Kota Samarahan, Malaysia where she earned her medical degree.
- She won the 1Singai Beauty Pageant 2015.
- She was a Miss Malaysia Tourism 2015 finalist.
- On October 6, 2019, she competed at Miss World Malaysia 2019 at the Mega Star Arena in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She finished in the Top 6.
- On September 6, 2020, she won Miss Earth Malaysia 2020 at the Magica Ball Room of Quill City Mall in Kuala Lumpur.
- She was 27 years old when she was crowned Miss Earth Malaysia 2020.
- While reigning as Miss Earth Malaysia 2020, she was working as a full-time doctor at Hospital Putrajaya in Putrajaya, Malaysia while working along with Pertubuhan Pelindung Khazanah Alam Malaysia (PEKA) to endorse Ecopad for a good cause.
- On April 13, 2021, she went to Putrajaya, Malaysia and met Mahathir bin Mohamad, a doctor who served as the fourth and seventh prime minister of Malaysia.
- She did not represent Malaysia at Miss Earth 2020. Instead, she will compete at Miss Earth 2021 in December 2021. If she wins, she will be the Philippines-based international beauty pageant’s first titleholder from Malaysia.