Evanjelin Francia Elchmanar is a beauty queen from England, United Kingdom. She was born in Paris, France to Sri Lankan parents Geevaraju Erajasingham and Santhi Rajakaruna.
Evanjelin has two older brothers namely Jonnes Elchmanar, a doctor, and Walter Elchmanar, a chemical engineer. Their father is a businessman from Batticaloa, Sri Lanka while their mother is a community development worker from Colombo, Sri Lanka.
A resident of Birmingham, West Midlands, England, Evanjelin competed at Miss Teen Great Britain three times. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was the first millennium baby to be born on Christmas Day in Paris.
- She attended the Toronto Academy of Acting for Film and Television in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- When she was a teenager, she played for Birmingham’s under 18 basketball team.
- She is 5’7½” tall.
- In 2001, she and her family moved from France to London, England.
- From 2007 to 2015, she travelled internationally performing with her dance group.
- In 2013, she started competing in beauty pageants.
- In July 2014, she became a member of the Aegon Classic Ball Crew.
- On October 25, 2015, she represented Birmingham at Miss Junior Teen Great Britain 2015 and finished second runner-up.
- She was Miss Teen Great Britain 2017.
- She was Miss West Midlands International 2020.
- On July 23, 2021, she represented West Midlands at Miss International UK 2021. She won the crown, besting 54 other candidates.
- She was supposed to go to Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan in November 2021 to represent the U.S. at Miss International 2021, which was cancelled due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. She will represent the U.K. at Miss International 2022.