Emma Raducanu is a professional tennis player who lives in Bromley, England, United Kingdom. She is of Romanian and Chinese descent.
Raducanu is 5’9″ tall and she is right-handed. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to Romanian father Ian Raducanu and Chinese mother Renee Raducanu.
- She is an only child.
- Her father is from Bucharest, Romania while her mother is from Shenyang, China.
- Both of her parents work in the finance sector.
- Aside from tennis, her parents also let her try ballet, golf, motocross, tap dancing, swimming, horse-riding and go-karting when she was young.
- Nigel Sears coached her before Andrew Richardson became her coach.
- In 2004, she and her parents moved to Bromley.
- In 2007, she started playing tennis.
- In 2018, she made her professional tennis debut.
- In April 2021, she graduated from Newstead Wood School in Orpington, London.
- In June 2021, she made her Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) Tour main draw debut at the 2021 Nottingham Open in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England.
- She was 18 years old when she reached the fourth round at the 2021 Wimbledon Championships in July 2021, making her the youngest British woman to reach the fourth round at Wimbledon in the Open Era. It marked her Grands Slam debut.
- On September 11, 2021, she defeated Leylah Fernandez of Canada and became the 2021 US Open women’s singles champion, making her the first British woman to win a grand slam title since 1977.
Categories: Asia, biographical data, China, England, Europe, Great Britain, LISTS, Romania, United Kingdom
5 replies »