Ruth Isabelle d’Almeida is a Singaporean artist, model and beauty queen. She is mindful of the sustainability of the materials she uses as an artist and how they might impact the environment.
D’Almeida believes that nothing on Earth belongs to us and we are merely borrowing from Mother Nature. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is of Filipino descent.
- On February 23, 2018, she walked the runway in a fashion event for Singapore Cancer Society.
- In July 2018, she walked the runway for the Singaporean brand Tilt Athleisure.
- On June 12, 2019, she competed at Miss Earth Singapore 2019. She finished fifth, winning the Miss Eco Tourism Singapore 2019 title. On June 14, 2019, she walked the runway for several Singaporean clothing stores including Qlothe and Pomelo Fashion.
- On October 5, 2019, she attended the Singapore Press Ball.
- In December 2019, she walked the runway for Singaporean shoe brand Toufie.
- In 2020, she enrolled at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) on Bencoolen Street in Singapore.
- On August 3, 2020, she took to Instagram to share photos of East Coast Park in Singapore. In the caption, she wrote in part, “Little things like taking time to properly dispose of our garbage, recycling, opting to not use single use plastics, using our own cutlery and containers and reusable bags can really make a big difference. Please do not be disheartened and think that our actions are fruitless.”
- From March 26, 2021 to December 31, 2021, her artwork titled “Sanctuary” is exhibited by Singapore’s National Heritage Board in collaboration with the NAFA.
- She was one of the fine arts students whose artworks were featured in “Drawing the Border of Water (part of A New Sacred)” from August 1-10, 2021 at the Peninsula Shopping Centre in Singapore. It was a project collaboration between NAFA students the Migrant Writers of Singapore (MWS).
- On September 24, 2021, C T Hansen International appointed her to represent Singapore at Miss Earth 2021.
- She was 20 years old when she was crowned Miss Earth Singapore 2021.
- If she wins Miss Earth 2021, she will be the Philippines-based international beauty pageant’s first titleholder from Singapore.