Garrett Winston James Walker was from Maryland, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- His family is from Mount Airy, Maryland.
- He lived in Wesley Place, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- He is Andrew Walker and Debbie Walker’s son.
- He has two twin brothers including Mitchell Walker. They have one sister.
- He was a private pilot with significant aviation experience.
- In 2019, he enrolled at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa to pursue a bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering. He selected the university to follow in his grandfather’s footsteps as an engineer.
- He was last seen at The Gray Lady on Greensboro Avenue in Tuscaloosa at 1:15 a.m. on November 7, 2021. He was reportedly heading home to Wesley Place. In the afternoon, his parents reported him missing after police found his cell phone at the Riverwalk in Tuscaloosa.
- At around 4:00 p.m. on November 9, 2021, divers recovered his body in the Black Warrior River in Alabama.
- He died at the age of 20.
- His family organized a GoFundMe fundraiser to support a reward for information on his whereabouts. It was converted into a memorial scholarship fund in his name after he was found dead on November 9, 2021. That day, it reached $46,348 donations, surpassing its $5,000 goal.