Katie Wadman is a beauty queen from Iowa, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is of Filipino descent.
- Her mother Dr. Josie Guzman-Wadman is from Barangay Saraza, Brooke’s Point, Palawan, Philippines.
- Her great-grandmother Milagros Ponce de Leon was a beauty queen in Palawan.
- She lives in Des Moines, Iowa.
- In 2006, she started participating in dance competitions.
- In 2018, she enrolled at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa.
- In April 2018, she became a member of the University of Iowa dance team.
- From May 2019 to August 2019, she was a news intern at KETV-TV Channel 7.
- In February 2020, she joined Daily Iowan TV as a news reporter.
- In May 2021, she won Miss Iowa USA 2021.
- She was 21 years old when she was crowned Miss Iowa USA 2021.
- On November 29, 2021, she represented Louisiana at Miss USA 2021 and competed against 50 other candidates at the Paradise Cove Theater of the River Spirit Casino Resort in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. She was unplaced.
- In 2022, she is expected to graduate from the University of Iowa with bachelor’s degrees in psychology, journalism and mass communication.