Sujita Basnet is a Nepali-American management consultant and beauty queen. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is based in Maryland, United States.
- She was Miss Nepal USA 2011.
- From 2011 to 2015, she attended The George Washington University where she earned her bachelor’s degree in biomedical/medical engineering.
- From January 2013 to April 2013, she was a congressional intern at the office of Amerish Bera at the U.S. House of Representatives in Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C., USA. From May 2013 to September 2013, she served as a 2013 Peace Fellow in Dang, Nepal.
- From January 2014 to January 2015, she was an undergraduate research assistant at the Center for Neuroscience Research in Washington, D.C.
- In May 2015, she joined Privatin Consulting in Baltimore, Maryland as a business analyst. She became a senior business analyst in May 2016, a management consultant in May 2017 and a senior lead consultant in May 2018. She left the company in February 2019.
- She was Miss Maryland World 2016. On July 8, 2016, she represented Maryland at Miss World America 2016 and competed against 27 other candidates at the National Harbor in Maryland. She finished in the Top 12.
- In November 2016, she founded the LiberatED Scholarship Program, which provides young Nepalese women from lower castes a voice, particularly tertiary level education combined with leadership training and a full-time job placement.
- In April 2019, she joined Accenture Federal Services in Washington, D.C. as a management consultant.
- She was Miss World Maryland 2019 first runner-up. On November 11, 2019, she competed at Miss Maryland USA 2020. She won the Public Choice Award and finished second runner-up.
- On December 30, 2020, she competed against 23 other finalists at Miss Universe Nepal 2020 at Kathmandu Marriot Hotel in Kathmandu, Nepal. She was runner-up to Anshika Sharma.
- On October 30, 2021, she competed against 17 other finalists at Miss Universe Nepal 2021 at Hotel Yak & Yeti in Kathmandu. She won the title.
- She was 28 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe Nepal 2021. On December 12, 2021, she represented Nepal at Miss Universe 2021 and competed against 79 other candidates in Eilat, Israel. She was unplaced.