Marlene Rittmanic was a police sergeant in Bradley, Illinois, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She lived in Kankakee, Illinois.
- Aside from Kankakee, she lived in different parts of Illinois including Bradley, Buckingham, Gilman and Watseka.
- Kankakee Animal Control officer Teralyn Rasmussen told the Daily Journal that she was a true professional while Rasmussen’s husband Josh Rasmussen, a St. Anne Police Department officer, described her as a good friend on and off the job.
- From 2001 to 2007, she was an Iroquois County Sheriff’s deputy in Iroquois County, Illinois.
- In the 2007, she joined the Bradley Police Department in Bradley.
- In 2014, she became a Bradley Police Department sergeant.
- At around 9:30 p.m. on December 29, 2021, she and her Bradley Police Department partner Tyler J. Bailey, then 27, responded to a report of dogs barking in an unattended vehicle outside a Comfort Inn motel in Kankakee. They were attacked and shot when they went to the room of the vehicle’s apparent owners namely Darius D. Sullivan, then 25, and Xandria A. Harris, 26. She died while Bailey survived but critically injured.
- She died at the age of 49.
- On December 30, 2021, hundreds of people lined the streets in Bourbonnais, Illinois during the ceremonial procession for her. Her body was taken from Riverside Medical Center to the coroner’s office.
- On December 31, 2021, Sullivan was arrested for her shooting death while Harris turned herself in to the Bradley Police Department.