Simon Martial is from New York, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is originally from Haiti.
- He lives in New York City, New York.
- He is Josette Martial‘s brother.
- In July 1998, he was accused of simulating a gun in an attempt to rob a taxi driver and threatening to kill the driver. He was charged with two counts of robbery and criminal possession of a weapon.
- On August 9, 2017, he allegedly entered a man’s car on Sixth Avenue and Waverly Place in Manhattan, New York City, pretended to have a gun and stole $43. He was charged with first-degree robbery.
- In 2019, he was incarcerated for robbery. In October 2019, he was arrested for criminal possession of a controlled substance.
- In August 2021, he was released from state prison.
- At around 9:40 a.m. on January 15, 2022, he allegedly pushed Chinese woman Michelle Alyssa Go, 40, of New York in front of a subway train at the Times Square station in New York City, which led to her death, before taking a train to Canal Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City where he turned himself in to transit officers 13 minutes after the attack, according to the New York City Police Department. He was charged with second-degree murder.
- He was 61 years old and was homeless when he was arrested on January 15, 2022.
- He had been on medication for over 20 years and he was in and out of mental hospitals in New York, his sister Josette told the New York Post after Go’s death on January 15, 2022.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)