Ilya “Dutch” Lichtenstein lives in New York City, New York, United States with his wife Heather Rhiannon Morgan. He is a cat owner and a technology entrepreneur, coder and investor interested in blockchain technology, automation and big data.
Lichtenstein is a citizen of the U.S. and Russia. He was into “gray and black and some leather and goth ninja,” a photographer contacted by Morgan to document their engagement told The Daily Beast.
Before living in New York City, Lichtenstein was originally from Illinois, USA where his father Yevgeniy Likhtenshteyn, a mortgage broker, is based. Here are 13 more things about Lichtenstein:
- From 2002 to 2006, he attended Glenbrook South High School in Glenview, Illinois.
- From 2005 2006, he joined Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois as a technical support employee.
- From 2006 to 2010, he attended the University of Wisconsin–Madison in Madison, Wisconsin, USA where he earned his bachelor’s degree in psychology.
- From February 2007 to August 2007, he developed and implemented a comprehensive Internet marketing strategy for Avanoo.
- In December 2007, he founded Nexus Global Inc., an affiliate marketing and lead gen company in Madison.
- He co-founded MixRank in California, USA. He served as the chief executive officer of the company from May 2011 to May 2016.
- In August 2012, he joined 500 Startups in California as a mentor.
- In February 2014, he joined SalesFolk as an advisor.
- He and Morgan allegedly conspired to launder the proceeds of 119,754 bitcoin that were stolen from Bitfinex’s platform in August 2016.
- From March 2018 to June 2020, he worked for Endpass in New York as an advisor.
- In 2019, he and Morgan got engaged. In November 2019, he joined Demandpath in New York City as an advisor.
- On February 8, 2022, he and Morgan were arrested in Manhattan, New York City. Represented by Anirudh Bansal and Sam Enzer, they made their initial appearances in federal court in Manhattan and were each charged with conspiracy to commit money laundering and conspiracy to defraud the U.S.
- He was 34 years old when he and Morgan were arrested on February 8, 2022. He posted $5 million bond and she put up $3 million bond.
Categories: biographical data, Europe, LISTS, North America, Russia, United States
2 replies »