Simon Nellist was a British expat in Australia. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He was originally from Cornwall, South West, England, United Kingdom.
- He lived in Wolli Creek, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- He was a former member of the Royal Air Force.
- An ocean lover and a certified diving instructor, he was part of the Scuba Diving Social Club in Sydney.
- He was Jessie Ho‘s fiancé.
- He was 6’5″ tall.
- He and Jo were supposed to get married in 2021 but they had to postpone the wedding due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- In June 2021, he and Ho went to Rainbow Beach in Queensland, Australia for a diving expedition.
- Just after 4:30 p.m. February 16, 2022, he was swimming at Little Bay in Sydney when he was fatally attacked by a great white shark. It was the first fatal shark attack in Sydney since 1963.
- He died at the age of 35. After his death, his friend Della Ross told 7NEWS, “Everything that is connected to Simon is connected to the ocean.”