Sadé Greenwood is a Sri Lankan model and beauty queen. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She is from Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- She is fluent in English. She speaks basic Japanese.
- An avid animal activist, she once took part in a silent protest urging the Sri Lankan government to pass the Animal Welfare Bill, which she considers her proudest moment. Aside from fighting for animal rights, she is also into singing, writing, poetry and marine conservation.
- She is 5’9″ tall.
- In November 2021, she was crowned Miss World Sri Lanka 2021.
- She was 19 years old when she was crowned Miss World Sri Lanka 2021.
- While reigning as Miss World Sri Lanka 2021, she served as a social ambassador for The Pearl Protectors, an organization that protects and raises awareness about marine environment.
- In February 2022, she worked with Tokyo Cement , a cement manufacturer in Colombo, to look into the conservation projects happening in Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.
- In December 2021, she represented Sri Lanka at Miss World 2021 and competed against 96 other candidates in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She was selected as one of the 40 quarterfinalists.
- On March 16, 2022, she competed against 39 other quarterfinalists during the Miss World 2021 coronation night at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan. She did not make it to the Top 13.