Dominique “Dom” B. Calata was a resident of Washington, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lived in Spanaway, Pierce County, Washington.
- Aside from Spanaway, he lived in other parts of Washington including Puyallup and Tacoma.
- He graduated from Pacific Lutheran University in Parkland, Pierce County.
- He served in the U.S. Army for five years.
- In 2014, he joined the Washington National Guard. In the same year, he joined the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department and was assigned to patrol with the Edgewood Police Department in Edgewood, Pierce County.
- In 2016, he graduated from the police academy.
- In 2017, his wife gave birth to their son. In the same year, he joined the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department’s Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team.
- On March 15, 2022, he and his fellow members of the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department’s SWAT Team were serving an arrest warrant to an assault suspect, 40, in a mobile home park near in Spanaway when he was shot in the head by the suspect. He was transported to St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma.
- On March 16, 2022, he died at St. Joseph Medical Center. His organs were donated.
- He died at the age of 35.