Elise L. Malary was a transgender woman from Illinois, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She lived in an apartment in Evanston, Illinois.
- She is Fabiana Malary‘s sister.
- She was an activist in the LGBTQIA community in Evanston. She stood up for transgender rights and fought against racism.
- She was a board member of the Chicago Therapy Collective, an LGBTQIA advocacy group based in Andersonville, Illinois.
- She was 5’10” tall and weighed 145lbs.
- In 2014, she and Angelina Nordstrom. They became best friends.
- She last had contact with her family on March 9, 2022. That day, she resigned via email from her job as an administrative clerk with the Civil Rights Bureau of the Illinois Attorney General’s Office.
- On March 11, 2022, her family reported her missing. That day, her family and friends gathered to search Rogers Park near the border of Evanston.
- On the afternoon of March 15, 2022, her car was found in a city parking lot at Hinman Avenue and South Boulevard in Evanston.
- At around 4:30 p.m. on March 17, 2022, her body was found floating in the water by the rocks near Garden Park in Evanston.
- On March 19, 2022, the Evanston Police Department confirmed that she was the person pulled from Lake Michigan on March 17, 2022.
- She died at the age of 31.
- She was supposed to receive a 2022 Trans Visibility Award on March 31, 2022.