Robert Honsch and Marcia Honsch are the parents of Elizabeth Honsch. Here are 13 more things about him:
- Marcia was his first wife. He was 1 year older than her. She had children from a previous relationship when they met while she was working in a diner in the Bronx in New York City, New York, United States. Soon after they met, he moved in with her and her children.
- In 1979, Marcia gave birth to their daughter Elizabeth.
- In the early 1980s, he, Marcia and Elizabeth moved to Brewster, New York. In 1995, he told Marcia’s relatives that he, Marcia and Elizabeth were moving from Brewster to Australia.
- He allegedly fatally shot Elizabeth, stuffed her body inside a sleeping bag and covered the sleeping bag in several large garbage bags. She was dead for approximately one week when her remains were found on September 28, 1995 behind the CT Beverage Mart in a shopping plaza on Hartford Road in New Britain, Connecticut, USA.
- He allegedly fatally shot Marcia. In October 1995, hikers found her body near the entrance to the Tolland State Forest Park in Massachusetts, USA.
- In 2005, he met Sheryl Tyree in Louisiana, USA. He told her he was a truck drive who had just returned from Africa. He also told her that he had no other marriages, he had no children, his parents were dead and he was an only child. Three months after they started dating, they got married. He started living under the name Robert Tyree.
- He and Sheryl had three children together and lived in Dalton, Ohio, USA. In 2006, his brother and Marcia’s sister in New York were contacted by Sheryl, who informed them about his family in Ohio and suggested that they could all meet. He also lived in other parts of Ohio including Kidron.
- In November 2013, one relative spoke to him about Marcia and Elizabeth. He told the relative that Marcia left him and took Elizabeth with her after meeting another man.
- When Marcia and Elizabeth’s bodies were identified in 2014, investigators were able to link their murders back to him using deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and fingerprint evidence. That year, while living in Dalton, he was arrested for the murder of Marcia.
- In 2017, a jury in Hampden County, Massachusetts found him guilty of murdering Marcia.
- In 2019, he rejected a deal from prosecutors that would have required him to plead guilty to Elizabeth’s murder in exchange for a 25-year sentence.
- He was 78 years old when a jury returned a guilty verdict against him on March 17, 2022 for the murder of Elizabeth.
- On June 15, 2022, he will be sentenced in Connecticut Superior Court before Judge Laura F. Baldini for the murder of Elizabeth.