Anna Marie Scott was a native of Nevada, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She was born in Reno, Washoe County, Nevada to Joseph Erwin and Peggy Scott.
- She was the stepdaughter of Victoria Erwin, the wife of Joseph.
- She had one goal in life, which was to be the best mother, according to Victoria.
- She was a big fan of the Las Vegas Raiders, a football team based in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada.
- Her family is part of the Paiute Tribe. She was a member of the Pyramid Lake Tribal Community.
- She has a daughter and a son.
- Just after 4:00 a.m. on February 3, 2022, Nevada Highway Patrol found her in a burning car, a four-door sedan, in the southbound shoulder area of Interstate 580 about a mile north of the Galena Creek Bridge in Washoe County. She died at the age of 23.
- On March 7, 2022, the Washoe County Medical Examiner’s Office announced that she had died from a gunshot wound.
- On March 10, 2022, the American Indian Movement (AIM) of Northern Nevada held a prayer circle at the Washoe County Detention Center in Reno to remember her and ask for accountability in her murder.
- On March 29, 2022, his father told KOLO 8 News Now, “I’m still mourning over her. It’s taking a lot out of me.”
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)