Amelia Tu is a Chinese-Canadian dancer, environmentalist and beauty queen. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Shortly after she was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada to Chinese parents, she and her parents moved back to China where they lived with her grandparents.
- She speaks English, Mandarin and French. She plays the piano and the flute.
- She is deeply passionate about sustainability and spreading environmental awareness.
- Her favorite hobby is exploring different genres of dance. She was trained in modern, ballet and traditional Chinese dances. She also loves singing, thrifting, exploring restaurants, traveling and going on adventures with friends.
- She is 5’7″ tall.
- In 2005, she and her parents moved from China to Vancouver. On the same year, her mother put her in a dance studio and a swimming club and asked her to pick one. She chose dance and went on to win the gold medal at the International Models & Talent (IMTA) Dance Competition.
- When she competed in Rose Queen and Princess Pageant in Oregon, United States in 2020, she was crowned the 2020 Miss Chinese Rose Princess.
- She graced the cover of Avessa Magazine’s Summer 2021 issue.
- On May 14, 2022, she competed against 53 other candidates at Miss Universe Canada 2022 at the Meridian Arts Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and won the title.
- She was 20 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe Canada 2022.
- While reigning as Miss Universe Canada 2022, she was pursuing a simultaneous program in biology and business at the University of California, Berkeley in in Berkeley, California, United States.
- She will represent Canada at Miss Universe 2022.