Sophie Church is a Canadian physician and beauty queen. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. She was born in Bridgewater, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia.
- She enjoys yoga, long-distance hiking, swimming, baking and reading.
- She has published her research in the field of geriatrics in Age & Ageing, a peer-reviewed medical journal. She earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, where she secured a place on the Dean’s Honour list.
- She is 5’10” tall.
- In 2006, she started modelling.
- In 2009, she was diagnosed with clinical depression.
- She is Miss Teenage Nova Scotia 2011. She finished in the Top 10 at Miss Teenage Canada 2011.
- She represented Canada at Teen Universe 2012 in Nicaragua and was the third runner-up.
- In 2018, she visited Thailand where she became a Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI)-certified scuba diver.
- In 2020, she graduated from Dalhousie Medical School in Halifax with distinction, a designation awarded to the top ten percent of graduates. For her interest and aptitude in mental health, she was given a special award called the Adrienne Bastarache prize.
- At the outset of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which started in 2020, she stepped up to volunteer for Nova Scotia Occupational Health. As a front-line healthcare worker, she actively provided care to those affected by COVID-19.
- On May 14, 2022, she competed against 53 other candidates at Miss Universe Canada 2022 at the Meridian Arts Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She was third runner-up to Amelia Tu.
- She was 27 years old and was employed as a resident physician in Halifax with a specialty in psychiatry when she competed at Miss Universe Canada 2022.