Michael Louis was a black man from Oklahoma, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He is of Haitian descent.
- He also went by Michelet Louis.
- He and his wife Edith Lubin lived in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
- Before moving to Muskogee, he lived in different parts of the U.S. including Fort Smith, Arkansas; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Rochester, New York and New Jersey.
- He worked in information technology and as a health desk analyst.
- He was 14 years younger than Dr. Preston Phillips, a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with an orthopedic office on the second floor of the Natalie Medical Building at Saint Francis Health System in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- In 2013, he left the house in Newark, New Jersey that he shared with his older brother. Aside from Newark, he lived in other parts of New Jersey including Irvington and Roselle.
- On May 19, 2022, he underwent surgery for a back injury performed by Phillips at Saint Francis Health System in Tulsa.
- On May 24, 2022, he was released from Saint Francis Health System in Tulsa.
- On May 29, 2022, he bought a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson semi-automatic handgun from a pawn shop in Oklahoma.
- On May 31, 2022, Phillips provided additional treatment to him.
- On June 1, 2022, he called Phillips’ office to complain about back pain and request more assistance. Later, at 2:00 p.m., he bought an AR-15-style rifle from a gun store in Oklahoma. At around 4:52 p.m., he fired the rifle and his newly bought Smith & Wesson handgun at Saint Francis Health System in Tulsa, killing Phillips, Dr. Stephanie J. Husen, 48, receptionist Amanda Glenn, 40, and retired U.S. Army sergeant William Love, 73. As police arrived, he fatally shot himself.
- He died at the age of 45.