|Gwendolyne Bolivar Fourniol is a French-Filipino beauty queen from Negros Occidental, Philippines. Her French father Thierry Fourniol and Filipino mother Sim Bolivar met at a park in Luxembourg. |
Sim, who grew up in poverty in Kabankalan, Negros Occidental, is a former beneficiary of the Educational Research and Development Assistance (ERDA) Foundation, which sends underprivileged children to school. After earning a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the Philippine Women’s University in Malate, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines, she worked as an au pair for a family in Luxembourg.
This is why ERDA has a special place in Gwendolyne’s heart. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She speaks English, French and Filipino.
- She plays the piano and the guitar.
- She pursued a bachelor’s degree in economics at Oxford Brooks in London, England.
- She is 5’8″ tall.
- In 2019, she moved to the Philippines while her father was working as a senior analyst in Belgium and her mother was working as a nurse in London.
- On October 3, 2021, she competed against 43 other candidates at Miss World Philippines 2021 in Subic Special Economic and Freeport Zone, Olongapo, Philippines. She finished in the Top 15.
- Supported by Promedia chief executive officer Paul Izon Reyes and Belle Salon owner Jam Aquino, she had a meet-and-greet event with pageant journalists on May 20, 2022 at Luxent Hotel in Quezon City, Metro Manila where she talked about her Miss World Philippines 2022 participation.
- On June 5, 2022, she competed against 35 other candidates at Miss World Philippines 2022 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila and won the title.
- She was 21 years old when she won Miss World Philippines 2022. During the competition, she talked about her involvement with ERDA.
- She will represented the Philippines at Miss World 2022.