James Reid, 29, Nadine Lustre, 28, Liza Soberano, 24, and I were in the same place in Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines in the afternoon of June 20, 2022. Thanks to Careless Music public relations director Vani Altomonte.
That afternoon, we were all in Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines for the Careless Music contract signing of Soberano and Issa Pressman, 25. Pressman’s sister Yassi Pressman, 27, also attended the event.
After the contract signing ceremony, Reid had a series of interviews with members of the press. I was the last person to interview him and I was given 2 minutes.
For sure, Reid was asked questions about Careless Music, Lustre, Soberano and Issa and I did not want him to answer questions he just repeatedly answered. I did prepare some questions but on the spot, I decided to simply ask him to share his favorite places to visit.
Reid enumerated seven places and briefly revealed what he liked about them. Here is the list:
- El Nido, Palawan, Philippines: “It has always been my favorite. There’s just so much to explore.”
- Bolinao, Pangasinan, Philippines: “That’s where my family is from.”
- Baguio City, Philippines: “I love being up in the mountains.”
- Osaka, Japan: “It’s because of the culture shock.”
- Tokyo, Japan: “It’s so different.”
- San Diego, California, United States: “I have family out there.” “It’s a very nice place.”
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia: “It has a special place in my heart.”
Reid was born in Sydney to an Australian father and a Filipino mother. His parents separated in 1995 and in 2008, he and his father moved from Australia to the Philippines.
On June 26, 2010, Reid won “Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010”. He was managed by Star Magic from 2010 to 2012 and by Viva Artists Agency from 2012 to 2019.
From 2016 and 2020, Reid and Lustre were in a relationship. He is currently the chairman of Careless Music and she is one of the label’s artists.
The world first got to experience Reid’s new single “California Lovin” with its performance video release on the Press Play platform of The Grammy Awards on May 26, 2022. The song will be released on June 30, 2022.
In January 2023, Reid will release an extended play. From February 2023 to March 2023, he and other Careless Music artists will hold their first ever international tour in the U.S. and in Europe.