Eric Neal Richardson is a police officer from Tennessee, United States. His personnel record includes incidents of on-duty personal misconduct, inappropriate behavior with women and excessive force during arrests.
Richardson has lived in different parts of Tennessee including Memphis, Germantown, Arlington, Shiloh and Cordova. He previously lived in Olive Branch, DeSoto County, Mississippi, USA.
While working as a police officer in Mississippi, Richardson had consensual sex in his cruiser with a woman with whom he was having an extramarital affair. Here are 13 more things about him:
- In October 1991, he entered the police academy in Memphis. He had five failing grades and a cumulative grade point average of 1.8, which was considered deficient and must be improved to meet the minimum standards of a 2.0. But after eventually meeting the minimum standards, he became a Memphis Police Department officer.
- In 1995, he slammed on his brakes after pulling in front of a vehicle, causing it to strike his patrol car. He was disciplined for rough or careless handling of a property of the city of Memphis or Memphis Police Department.
- In 1996, a man accused him and his partner of failing to investigate a call about being shot and a stolen car. He was disciplined for neglect of duty, which was sustained after an internal review and investigation. He was issued a written reprimand.
- In November 1998, he continued pursuing a man on a motorcycle after his supervisor called off the chase, arrested the man without permission, repeatedly struck the man while the man was on the ground and failed to document the arrest on his log sheet. He was suspended without pay for five days for unnecessary force, leaving a duty assignment, personal conduct and violation of completing official incident or arrest reports.
- In July 2002, he slapped a person he was in the process of arresting for driving under the influence, placed handcuffs that were allegedly too tight on the person, causing damage to the person’s wrist and failed to report the injury to his superior. He was suspended for three days.
- In 2005, he worked another job at a grocery store while on sick leave with the Memphis Police Department. He was suspended for 10 days without pay.
- In 2008, he was involved in a domestic dispute with his mistress. According to her, he used his patrol car to bring her to secluded areas to have consensual sex and he would bring his K-9 into her home and stay for hours at a time. After the dispute, she contacted his wife. He later threatened his mistress and struck his wife in the face. The mistress reported all this to the Memphis Police Department and he was suspended for 2 days.
- In April 2013, while still being employed by the Memphis Police Department, he backed his vehicle into a water fountain. He was reprimanded for damage to motor vehicles.
- In September 2016, he started working with the DeSoto County Sheriff’s Office in Hernando, DeSoto County.
- In April 2020, he parked his patrol car and stayed at his grandmother’s house after a deputy-involved shooting to which he was supposed to respond. He was disciplined and given the option to face termination or resign.
- On May 26, 2020, he cleared a departmental background check and joined the Oakland Police Department in Oakland, Fayette County, Tennessee.
- On July 16, 2022, he and his fellow Oakland Police Department officers were trying to arrest Brandon Calloway in Oakland when he hit Calloway with his baton.
- He was 53 years old when the Oakland Police Department placed him on administrative leave on July 16, 2022.