Brandon Calloway is a black man from Tennessee, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lives in Oakland, Fayette County, Tennessee.
- He is Ed Calloway‘s son.
- From 2014 to 2021, he attended the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee where he obtained his bachelor’s degree in electrical and electronics engineering. He was an Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity member.
- From March 2015 to February 2016, he was a Ronald McDonald House Charities volunteer.
- In December 2016, he volunteered at Big Brother Big Sister Foundation.
- In August 2017, he became Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity’s director of membership at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- In December 2017, he started working as an independent contractor in Chattanooga.
- On July 16, 2022, he was driving a 2020 Chevrolet Camaro and he failed to stop at a stop sign at Oak Ridge Drive and Riverdale Drive in Oakland so Oakland Police Department officers stopped him for a minor traffic violation. The officers chased him after he fled to his father’s home in Oakland. His sister filmed the officers chasing him through the home. One of the officers, Eric Neal Richardson, hit him with a baton, leaving him beaten and bloodied. He was taken to the hospital, arrested and charged with evading arrest, resisting, disorderly conduct, failing to stop at a stop sign and speeding.
- He was 26 years old when he told Associated Press on October 23, 2022, “I just happened to get stopped in a nice car and my dad lives in a nice neighborhood. That was the only crime right there.”
- On November 28, 2022, he will attend a hearing. He is represented by Andre Wharton.