Guy Wesley Reffitt is a white man from Wylie, Texas, United States. He previously lived in Canton, Van Zandt County, Texas.
Reffitt and his wife Nicole Reffitt have three children. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He is a licensed driver in Texas and a petroleum industry rig manager. On March 10, 2011, he was booked into Henderson County Jail in Athens, Texas for driving while intoxicated. He was released on the same day. (a)(b)(c)(d)
- He is a member of the Texas Three Percenters and a recruiter for the anti-government movement. He and Nicole have one son named Jackson Reffitt and two daughters namely Sarah Reffitt and Peyton Reffitt. According to Jackson, they were very close before the U.S. presidential election in 2016, which was won by Donald Trump. (b)(d)(e)(f)(g)
- On October 17, 2020, he posted a comment for Texas Freedom Force, a militia extremist group. (h)
- On December 24, 2020, he sent a text message to Jackson, saying, “What’s about to happen will shock the world.” In another message, he wrote, “We are about to rise up the way the Constitution was written.” That day, Jackson contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation to report concerns about his behavior and increasingly worrisome rhetoric. Jackson did not get a response from the FBI until January 6, 2021. (i)
- Wearing a blue jacket over a black padded or tactical-style vest and a black helmet with a Go-Pro-style camera attached, he went to the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA with Texas Three Percenter Rocky Hardie, then 63, of Austin, Texas on January 6, 2021. That day, Trump’s supporters breached the building while a joint session of Congress was certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden‘s victory in the 2020 presidential election. He was caught on camera using a water bottle to flush out his eyes on the West Front of the building. (d)(h)
- On January 8, 2021, he returned home to Wylie from Washington, D.C. and brought two firearms from his car to the house. He told his family that he participated in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021 and he had recorded some of the events on his Go Pro camera. (h)
- On January 9, 2021, he sent a Telegram message to two people, who also participated in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, saying, “I have a new security business to circumvent the 2nd Amendment issue. Website is under construction but business is licensed with Secretary of State, Texas DPS, and Texas Board of Private Security. We can get ammo and weapons available to law enforcement. We have an interior certified training officer. Join us and lets take back our country. The fight has only just begun.” (h)
- While at home in Wylie with his son, then 18, and his younger daughter, then 16, on January 11, 2021, he told his children that he had to erase everything because the FBI was watching him, told his son if he reported him to the police, he would have no option but to do his duty for his country and “do what he had to do,” told his daughter that if she betrayed the family, he would “put a bullet through” her phone, according to the FBI. However, his wife and two daughters claimed that their discussion was taken out of context and insisted that he was not a violent person. On the other hand, his son does not regret informing the FBI about his participation in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021. (e)(f)(h)
- An warrant for his arrest was issued on January 15, 2021. He was 48 years old when FBI agents arrested him at his home in Wylie on January 16, 2021. During their search of his home, the agents found an AR-15 rifle and a Smith & Wesson pistol. He is super passionate and sometimes says things he does not mean, his wife told the agents. He was booked into the Fannin County Jail in Bonham, Texas. A criminal complaint was filed against him, which was signed by U.S. Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on January 16, 2021. (b)(e)(h)
- On March 13, 2021, prosecutors revealed that he misled the FBI by telling them his company TTP Security, LLC stood for Tactics, Techniques and Procedures and had no connection to the Texas Three Percenters. (j)
- On March 15, 2021, his daughter, then 16, testified against him in court in Washington, D.C. before Faruqui, who decided to keep him detained in jail pending trial. His daughter told the judge he had tried to intimidate her and her brother after the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021 but added, “He’s not a violent person. He just says things. He talks a lot. That’s just him being a drama queen. I wasn’t in fear, I guess. It was annoying in a way.” (k)
- His trial started on February 28, 2022. Represented by William Welch, he cried and his face turned red when his son Jackson testified against him before a jury in Washington, D.C. on March 3, 2022. On March 8, 2022, a jury in Washington, D.C. found him guilty of obstruction of an official proceeding, interfering with police in a riot, transporting a firearm for that purpose, armed trespassing and witness tampering. (d)(g)(i)(j)(l)
- In a court filing on July 15, 2022, prosecutors said he should spend 15 years in jail because he brought two guns to Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021. On August 1, 2022, Judge Dabney L. Friedrich sentenced him to 87 months in prison, three years of probation, $2,000 in restitution and mandatory mental health treatment. (m)(n)
- a. Bail Bonds HQ
- b. NBC DFW
- c. Wylie News
- d. Washington Post
- e. Longview News-Journal
- f. FOX 4 Dallas-Fort Worth
- g. CNN
- h. Thomas B. Ryan
- i. NBCDFW
- j. Politico
- k. CNN
- l. CNN
- m. CNN
- n. NBC News
Categories: advocacy, biographical data, crimes, LISTS, politics, Social Issues
this man is extremely dangerous. He needs to be kept locked up. He created a new security business to circumvent gun laws and obtain high-grade weapons and ammunition available to law enforcement. He showed up at the Capitol on Jan 6 ready for war… in body armor, a helmet, firearms and plastic flex-cuffs. Evil Monster.
Kids are the problem and ought to be ashamed of themselves.
His kid did nothing wrong.
Just like Lt. Michael Byrd who is an excellent marksman.
good, keep his butt in jail for 30 years