Michael Malekzadeh is a resident of Oregon, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He lives in Eugene, Lane County, Oregon.
- Aside from Eugene, he has lived in other parts of Oregon including Springfield, Portland Troutdale and Fairview.
- He and his fellow Eugene resident and his fiancée Bethany Mockerman were born in the same year.
- In 2013, she started Zadeh Kicks LLC by purchasing limited edition and collectible sneakers to resell online. Mockerman served as the chief financial officer of the corporation and conspired with him to provide false and altered financial information to numerous financial institutions on more than 15 bank loan applications. Together, they received more than $15 million in loans from these applications.
- In January 2020, Zadeh Kicks started offering preorders of sneakers before their public release dates, which allowed him to collect money upfront before fulfilling orders. Although he knew he could not satisfy all orders placed, he advertised, sold and collected payments from customers for preorders.
- In 2021, he started selling preorders of Nike Air Jordan 11 Cool Grey sneakers and Zadeh Kicks received and accepted preorder sales of more than 600,000 pairs of sneakers, resulting in payments to him of more than $70 million. He was only able to acquire just over 6,000 pairs so customers either received a combination refund of cash and Zadeh Kicks gift cards or were left with unfulfilled orders.
- On June 7, 2021, he allegedly moved $790,000 from his business bank account to his personal account to buy a $420,000 watch and a $79,000 car.
- On January 10, 2022, he allegedly tried to transfer $2.4 million from a PayPal account to Zadeh Kicks’ bank account.
- By April 2022, he owed Zadeh Kicks customers more than $70 million in undelivered sneakers and unknown additional millions held by customers in worthless company gift cards.
- On May 19, 2022, he filed to voluntarily dissolve Zadeh Kicks in the circuit court of Lane County, citing its rapid growth as rendering him unable to maintain the sneaker resale company.
- On July 21, 2022, American Express National Bank filed a lawsuit against him and Mockerman. He was charged with wire fraud, conspiracy to commit bank fraud and money laundering and she was charged with conspiring with him to commit bank fraud.
- On August 3, 2022, he and Mockerman made their first appearances in federal court before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mustafa T. Kasubhai and were released conditions pending further court proceedings.
- He was 39 years old when he appeared in federal court on August 3, 2022.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply