|Yaser Abdel Said (ياسر عبد السعيد) is an Egyptian-American man who lived in Texas, United States. He is Muslim.|
Texas native Patricia “Tissie” Owens and Said are the parents of Islam Yaser-Abdel Said, Amina Said and Sarah Said. According to Owens, he was controlling and abusive throughout their relationship and over the years, she and their daughters left him several times but the three always returned out of fear.
Said is 6’2″ tall. Here are 13 more things about him:
- Born in Sinai, Egypt, he came to the U.S. in 1983 on a student visa.
- In February 1987, he married Owen after dating for only three weeks. She is 15 years younger than her. She gave birth to Islam in 1988, Amina in 1989 and Sarah in 1990. The family first lived in Bedford, Texas. He worked as a taxi driver in Lewisville, Texas and Owens worked retail jobs while their children attended Lewisville High School in Lewisville.
- In the late 1990s, he, his wife and their children moved to Hill County, Texas. While living there, Amina and Sarah told Owens that he had been sexually abusing them. Owens took Amina and Sarah to the police station to report the alleged abuse. In 1997, he became a U.S. citizen. In the fall of 1998, Owens left him and took Amina and Sarah with her. The three lived with Owens’ sister in Duncanville, Texas and kept their whereabouts a secret. In November 1998, Owens sought a protective order and reported to the police in Garland, Texas that he had threatened to kill her. Ultimately, Owens returned to him and took Amina and Sarah to Hill County to recant their sexual abuse allegations.
- In 2004, Amina met Joseph Moreno who became her boyfriend. In 2005, he took Amina to Egypt allegedly to arrange a marriage for her to his friend, who is much older, but she rejected it.
- In 2006, he decided to move his family to Lewisville because he wanted to be closer to his taxi-driving job.
- By the fall of 2007, Owens was aware Amina was dating Edgar Ruiz and Sarah was dating Erik Panameno but did not tell him because he would not approve of it. Toward the end of 2007, he talked about bringing Amina and Sarah back to Egypt and force them into marriages. When he went to work on December 25, 2007, Owens, Amina and Sarah ran away and fled to Kansas, USA with Ruiz and Panameno before going to Oklahoma, USA where they rented an apartment. He left messages on Owens and Amina’s voicemail asking them to come back. Before 2007 ended, Owens and Sarah returned home while Amina stayed in Ruiz’s house.
- On January 1, 2008, Owens was able to convince Amina to return home. Later that day, he allegedly shot Amina twice and Sarah nine times inside his taxi cab in Irving, Texas. Amina died instantly while Sarah managed to call 911 before she died. Another taxi driver found his daughters’ bodies inside his taxi cab outside the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas, Irving that day. From January 2, 2008 to August 25, 2020, he was on the run.
- On August 21, 2008, the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas issued a federal unlawful flight to avoid prosecution warrant as homicide investigators intensified their search for him.
- On December 4, 2014, he was placed on the Federal Bureau of Investigation‘s 10 most wanted fugitives list.
- In August 2017, a maintenance worker at Canyon Apartments in Bedford, Texas recognized him while fixing the air conditioner inside an apartment leased by Islam. He escaped before FBI agents arrived to execute a search warrant.
- On August 26, 2020, he was arrested in Justin, Texas while his son Islam and his brother Yassein Abdulfatah Said, then 59, were arrested in Euless, Texas and charged with harboring a known fugitive.
- When he took the stand on August 8, 2022, he denied killing Amina and Sarah and entered a not guilty plea.
- He was 65 years old when he was found guilty of capital murder on August 9, 2022. A judge sentenced him to life in prison. His defense lawyers, including Baharan Muse, Joseph Patton and Bradley Lollar, said they intend to appeal the verdict.