Professionally known as Anne Heche, Anne Celeste Heche was an actress born in Aurora, Ohio, United States. She was the youngest of Donald Joseph Heche and Nancy Prickett Heche‘s five children.
Anne was 3 years younger than her sister Abigail Heche. Based in Sawyer, Michigan, USA, the latter is a jewelry designer.
Before Anne was born, her sister Cynthia Heche died of a heart defect at 2 months old. Their father was a Baptist minister and choir director who had been secretly living a homosexual life.
During Anne’s childhood, her family moved 11 times including the time they lived in an Amish community. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 1981, she and her family settled in Ocean City, New Jersey, USA. She once worked at a dinner theater in Swainton, New Jersey.
- On March 3, 1983, her father died of human immunodeficiency virus infection and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) at the age of 45. In June 1983, his brother Nathan Heche died at the age of 18 in a car crash. After their deaths, she and her family moved to Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- In 1985, an agent spotted her in a school play at Francis W. Parker School in Chicago and secured her an audition for the daytime soap opera “As the World Turns.”
- From 1987 to 1991, she played Vicky Hudson and Marley Love in “Another World“.
- In 1994, her sister Susan Bergman published a memoir about their childhood. In 2006, Susan died of brain cancer at the age of 48. Susan’s widower Jud Bergman later married Mary Miller-Bergman. In 2019, Jud and Mary were killed in a car crash.
- In 1997, she started dating Ellen DeGeneres. In 1999, she met Coleman “Coley” Laffoon, a cameraman on DeGeneres’s stand-up comedy tour. In 2000, she left DeGeneres for Laffoon.
- On September 1, 2001, she and Laffoon got married. In March 2002, she gave birth to their son Homer Laffoon.
- She played Amanda Hayes in “Everwood” from 2004 to 2005 and Marin Frist in “Men in Trees” from 2006 to 2008. On February 2, 2007, Laffoon filed for divorce, which was finalized on March 4, 2009. She dated her “Men in Trees” co-star James Tupper and she gave birth to their son Atlas Heche Tupper in March 2009.
- From 2009 to 2011, she played Jessica Haxon in “Hung“.
- From 2017 to 2018, she played Patricia Campbell in “The Brave“. In 2018, she and Tupper separated. From 2018 to 2019, she played Katherine Brennan in “Chicago P.D.“
- She was one of the 15 celebrities who competed in “Dancing with the Stars” Season 29, which aired on ABC from September 14, 2020 to November 23, 2020. She was the third one to be eliminated.
- She and Alec Baldwin star in the film “Supercell”, which was filmed between May 2021 and June 2021. She starred in the film “13 Minutes“, which was released on October 29, 2021. From 2021 to 2022, she played Corrine Cuthbert in “All Rise“.
- On August 5, 2022, the Mini Cooper she was driving hit a garage at an apartment complex in Mar Vista, Los Angeles, California, USA then crashed into a house, resulting in a fire that severely burned her. On August 12, 2022, she died at the age of 53.