Michael A. Vitellaro is from Chicago, Illinois, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- Aside from Chicago, he has lived in other parts of Illinois including Itasca.
- He attended the University of Illinois at Chicago in Chicago.
- On September 11, 2000, he became a Chicago Police Department officer.
- On November 4, 2008, he received the Presidential Election Deployment Award 2008.
- On January 1, 2009, he received the Crime Reduction Award 2009.
- On May 18, 2012, he received the Nato Summit Service Award.
- On October 7, 2012, he received the Superintendents Award of Valor.
- On June 1, 2016, he became a Chicago Police Department sergeant.
- On July 1, 2022, while he was off-duty, he was caught on camera pinning down a Puerto Rican boy Josh Nieves, then 14, of Chicago and pressing a knee to the boy’s back. He wrongly accused the boy of stealing his son’s bike in Park Ridge, Illinois.
- On August 17, 2022, he was relieved of his police powers.
- On August 18, 2022, he surrendered to Park Ridge Police Department and was taken to the Cook County courthouse in Skokie, Illinois to await a bond hearing.
- He was 49 years old when he was charged with official misconduct and aggravated battery on August 18, 2022.
- He will be back in court on September 8, 2022.