Cleotha Abston is a black man from Memphis, Tennessee, United States. He also goes by Pookie Abston and Cleo Real.
Abston has a long juvenile record of theft and aggravated assault. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He is 2 years older than his brother Mario Henderson, an aspiring rapper known as Yola Bizza and a resident of Longview Gardens, Memphis.
- He was 4 years older than his fellow Memphis resident Eliza Wellford Fletcher, granddaughter of Joseph “Joe” Orgill III, a billionaire who died in March 2018. Her uncle Michael Keeney works for the same law firm that employed the late lawyer Kemper Durand.
- At around 2:00 a.m. on May 25, 2000, he robbed Durand, then 60, in Memphis, forced him into the trunk of his 1992 Mercedes-Benz, drove him around for several hours, forced him into an automated teller machine and demanded the lawyer draw out cash with the help of Marquette Cobbins, then 17, and another boy, then 12.
- In June 2000, he was charged with especially aggravated kidnapping.
- On October 1, 2001, he pleaded guilty to aggravated kidnapping. He received 24 years in prison, starting in November 2001. He was eligible for release after 85% of the sentence.
- On October 20, 2019, he wrote on Facebook, “The biggest lesson I’ve learned this year is to not force anything, conversation, friendships, relationships, attention, love, ANYTHING is forced is just not worth fighting for.”
- On November 7, 2019, he wrote on Facebook, “I GOT 364 DAYS LEFT, I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS AFTER 20YEARS!!”
- On November 7, 2020, he wrote on Facebook, “I just got out.”
- On September 1, 2022, he allegedly stole a woman’s wallet and used her CashApp and Wisely Card at gas stations without her knowledge or consent. A police report for him that day listed the address of Gwendolyn Brown, who has a black 2013 GMC Terrain sport utility vehicle registered to her name. She owns a cleaning service that employed him after his release from prison.
- At around 4:30 a.m. on September 2, 2022, he allegedly approached Fletcher while she was jogging near the University of Memphis in Memphis and forced her into a black GMC Terrain. His Champion sandals were left in the crime scene.
- At 10:45 a.m. on September 3, 2022, U.S. Marshals spotted him and took him into custody. He refused to tell Memphis Police Department officers the location of Fletcher’s body.
- He was 38 years old when he was arrested on September 3, 2022. He was charged with especially aggravated kidnapping and tampering with evidence. His bond was set at $500,000.
- He was charged with identity theft, theft of property $1,000 or less and fraudulent use/illegal possession of credit/debit cards on September 5, 2022, the same day Fletcher was found dead in Memphis.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Is there anything in Cleotha Abston, Eliza Fletcher murderer, background that indicated he was a product of a Welfare family and had no upbringing? Was he neglected, abused and set astray to fend for himself and turned to the STREET for his education and income???
…….raising children is a daunting task as we all know and 70 million on Welfare, for the most part, ignores their kids and WALA they turn into todays criminals!!!! They rely on the public school system to raise them, feed them breakfast/ lunch/dinner and miraculously turn them into model citizens.
Most wind up on the morgue slab and their breeders eulogy: he/she was such a good person blaming the ‘radical police’ for their demise and sending up a ‘flock’ of mylar balloons in their memory!!!