Michael Eugene “Mike” Keeney is a lawyer from Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He and his wife Anne Orgill Keeney have two daughters namely Irene Keeney and Adele Keeney.
- Aside from Memphis, he has lived in other parts of Tennessee including Pulaski and Knoxville.
- He is a Rule 31-listed mediator in general civil mediation for the Supreme Court of Tennessee.
- He is 9 months older than Anne. Her older sister Adele Orgill Wellford and James Beasley Wellford are Eliza Wellford Fletcher‘s parents.
- He served on the board of directors for Orgill, Inc. and BankTennessee. From 1981 to 2005, his father in-law Joseph Orgill III served as chairman of the board for Orgill, Inc, which is formerly known as Orgill Brothers & Co.
- In 1988, he graduated from Lambuth College in Jackson, Tennessee with a bachelor’s degree in philosophy.
- In 1992, he graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Law in Knoxville, Tennessee. From August 1992 to August 1993, he clerked for Judge W. Frank Crawford in Memphis.
- In 1993, he started practicing law in Memphis and joined Lewis Thomas Law Firm in Memphis as an associate. Formerly called Thomason, Hendrix, Harvey Johnson & Mitchell, PLLC, the law firm also employed Kemper Durand, the lawyer kidnapped and robbed by Cleotha Abston on May 25, 2000 in Memphis.
- Since 2008, he has been named to Best Lawyers in America.
- In July 2015, he was approved to replace Jack Sammons’ vacated spot on the Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority Board of Commissioners. He was already a managing shareholder at Lewis Thomason Law Firm’s Memphis office at the time.
- In 2021, he and Anne each donated $5,800 to David Kustoff‘s campaign. Kustoff assumed office as the U.S. House of Representatives member from Tennessee’s 8th district.
- In April 2022, he met and other Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority members met with Kustoff in Washington, USA to discuss the recent improvements to the Memphis International Airport in Memphis.
- On September 2, 2022, Abston allegedly abducted Eliza in Memphis. After her disappearance, he read a statement to the public with her brother Gil Wellford, their parents and her husband Richard Fletcher III by his side. He was 56 years old when Eliza was found dead in Memphis on September 5, 2022.