James Beasley Wellford lives in Charlevoix, Michigan, United States with his wife Adele Orgill Wellford. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He has lived in different parts of Tennessee, USA including Memphis, Cordova and Germantown.
- He previously lived in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA.
- He is the second among the four children of Harry Walker Wellford Sr. and Katherine Estes Potts Wellford.
- He is Harry “Hal” Wellford’s younger brother.
- He has one younger brother named Buckner Wellford. They have two younger sisters namely Katherine “Kate” Wellford Gould and Allison Wellford Parker.
- He is 5 years older than Adele.
- As a pair, he and Mac McCorkle finished in the semifinal round of the 1971 Boys’ Doubles Tennis Tournament, which was held at the Centennial Tennis Center in Nashville, Tennessee from June 2-3, 1971.
- In 1982, Adele gave birth to their son Gil Wellford.
- In 1987, Adele gave birth to their daughter Eliza Wellford Fletcher.
- On March 8, 2014, his daughter Eliza married Richard Fletcher III at Second Presbyterian Church in Memphis.
- On December 24, 2014, his mother died at the age of 87.
- On April 17, 2021, his father died at the age of 96.
- On September 2, 2022, his daughter Eliza was abducted in Memphis allegedly by Cleotha Abston, then 38. On September 3, 2022, he, Adele, Richard and Gil joined Michael Keeney, his brother-in-law, who made a video statement to the public after Eliza’s disappearance. He was 68 years old when Eliza was found dead on September 5, 2022 in Memphis.