Daniel Heath Norment is a white man from Jupiter, Florida, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He lives in Jupiter, Palm Beach County, Florida.
- Aside from Jupiter, he has lived in other parts of Florida including Hobe Sound.
- He previously lived in Conway, Arkansas, USA.
- From 2009 to 2012, he attended The Expositors Seminary in Jupiter. In 2012, he joined Palm Springs Middle School in Palm Springs, Palm Beach County as a teacher.
- On April 17, 2012, he registered to vote in Palm Beach County. He is affiliated with the Republican Party of Florida.
- In 2016, he joined Independence Middle School in Jupiter as a teacher.
- In 2018, he allegedly gave a female eighth grade student excessive attention and high grades for doing nothing in his class at Independence Middle School. When she left for high school, he exchanged cell phone numbers with her. Knowing she needed community service hours to graduate, he invited her back to the school to spend time alone in his classroom to clean and help with paperwork after school hours.
- In September 2019, he allegedly had sex with a female student, then 16, inside his classroom at Independence Middle School. She is his former eighth grade student. That year, he was coaching the girls’ basketball team in the school but was ousted for allowing players to change clothes inside his classroom after school.
- In March 2022, the girl he had sex with inside his Independence Middle School classroom in September 2019 told authorities about it. Consequently, he was reassigned to a non-student contact position outside Independence Middle School.
- On May 10, 2022, he was arrested by Palm Beach County School District Police Department officers. He was charged with a sexual activity with a minor and a sex offense against a student by an authority figure. His bail was set at $50,000 for each of those counts and he was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County.
- On July 1, 2022, his employment in Palm Beach County schools officially ended.
- On September 12, 2022, Judge Jeffrey Gillen sentenced him to three years in prison and four years of probation after his release. He agreed to complete a sex offender treatment program, to not work at schools and to have no contact with minors.
- He was 41 years old when he was sentenced him to three years in prison on September 12, 2022.