James Brennand is a former police officer from Texas, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He lives in San Antonio, Texas with his wife Danielle Arnold.
- Both he and Arnold served in the U.S. Army as a military dog handler.
- He earned his bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and police science from Kaplan University, an online college based in Davenport, Iowa, USA.
- In 2016, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. He was stationed outside of Seattle, Washington, USA.
- On July 12, 2019, she and Arnold got married.
- In July 2021, he and Arnold bought a house together in San Antonio.
- In December 2021, he graduated from the San Antonio Police Training Academy. He finished fourth in his class in the firearms discipline.
- In March 2022, he became a San Antonio Police Department officer.
- In August 2022, Arnold gave birth to their first child.
- At around 10:30 p.m. on October 2, 2022, he responded to a disturbance at a McDonald’s in San Antonio and confronted Erik Cantu, 17, in the fast-food restaurant’s parking lot. He fired his gun 10 times at the teenager who had nothing to do with the disturbance call he was responding to.
- On October 4, 2022, the San Antonio Police Department terminated him.
- On October 11, 2022, he turned himself in to the San Antonio Police Department. He was charged with two counts of aggravated assault by a peace officer.
- He was 25 years old when he was arrested on October 11, 2022.