Orlando D. Harris was a black man from St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- As an adult, he had no criminal history.
- He was competitive at playing online games.
- He was interested in the arts.
- He legally possessed a gun.
- He had been seeing mental health professionals and his family had him committed on some occasions.
- He was an alumnus of Central Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) High School in St. Louis. He worked backstage in theater productions while attending the school. He managed the stage and handled lighting and sound for plays and other arts performances.
- He was 42 years younger than Jean Kuczka. In 2008, she started teaching health, personal finance and physical education at Central VPA High School.
- In 2019, he started working as a part-time food services worker at Cardinal Ritter Senior Services in St. Louis.
- In May 2021, he graduated from Central VPA High School.
- He was 3 years older than Alexzandria Bell. In August 2021, she entered Central VPA High School.
- On October 15, 2022, police responded to a domestic disturbance at his home in St. Louis because his mother had located his gun in the home and wanted it removed. A third party known to the family took the gun so it was no longer stored in the home.
- At around 9:10 a.m. on October 24, 2022, he entered Central VPA High School. Carrying an AR-15-style rifle, a 223 caliber rifle, more than 600 rounds of ammunition and at least 15 magazines, he opened fire, fatally shooting Kuczka and Bell and wounding seven other teenagers. He was fatally shot after exchanging shots with St. Louis Metropolitan Police officers.
- He died at the age of 19. Before his death, he left in his car a note that said, “I don’t have any friends; I don’t have any family. I’ve never had a girlfriend; I’ve never had a social life. I’ve been an isolated loner my entire life. This was the perfect storm for a mass shooter.”