Richard Manuel Fierro is a resident of Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States. He has lived in different parts of California, USA including El Centro, San Diego and Imperial and in different parts of Texas, USA including San Antonio and El Paso.
Fierro is married to Jessica Fierro. They were born in the same year.
Richard and Jessica are members of the Colorado Springs Hispanic Chamber. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is a U.S. Army veteran. He completed four tours between Iraq and Afghanistan and is a Bronze Star Medal recipient.
- He left the military as a major after serving for 15 years. He served in various positions including platoon leader, battery commander, battalion operations officer, brigade plans officer and corps counter fire officer.
- He and Jessica have one daughter together.
- In May 1999, he graduated from San Diego State University in San Diego as the AROTC Distinguished Military Grad.
- From June 1999 to November 2013, he served as a field artillery officer in the U.S. Army.
- He and Jessica own Atrevida Beer Co., which opened in Colorado Springs in January 2018.
- In 2021, he earned his master’s degree in business administration from the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs.
- On November 19, 2022, he went to Club Q in Colorado Springs with Jessica, their daughter, their daughter’s boyfriend Raymond Green Vance and friends to celebrate a friend’s birthday. Just before midnight, their fellow Colorado Springs resident Anderson Lee Aldrich, then 22, entered the club and opened fire. He took Aldrich down, took Aldrich’s gun and hit the gunman with it. Another patron Thomas James helped him subdue Aldrich while waiting for the Colorado Springs Police Department officers to arrive.
- He was 45 years old when he stopped Aldrich from shooting more people on November 19, 2022. Aldrich fatally shot five people, including Vance, and injured 25 others and was arrested at 12:02 a.m. on November 20, 2022.
- On November 21, 2022, Colorado Springs mayor John Suthers praised him during a press conference. The mayor said, “I have never encountered a person who had engaged in such heroic actions who was so humble about it.”