Brandon Tsay is an Asian-American man from California, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lives in San Marino, Los Angeles County, California.
- Aside from San Marino, his father Tom Tsay has lived in other parts of California including Alhambra, San Gabriel, Los Angeles, Del Mar and South El Monte.
- His family owns the Lai Lai Ballroom and Studio in Alhambra. He is a third-generation operator of the family-run dance hall where he works as a computer coder.
- He attended San Marino High School in San Marino and Pasadena City College in Pasadena, Los Angeles County.
- He is 2 years younger than her sister Brenda Tsay, who attended the University of Washington in Seattle, King County, Washington, USA.
- He was 46 years younger than Huu Can Tran of Hemet, San Jacinto Valley, Riverside County, California. Tran frequented the Lai Lai Ballroom and Studio.
- In September 2012, he and Brenda visited Santa Monica, Los Angeles County.
- At around 10:45 p.m. on January 21, 2023, he disarmed Tran who walked in with a 9 mm caliber semiautomatic MAC-10 assault weapon at the Lai Lai Ballroom and Studio in Alhambra. Tran fatally shot 11 people and wounded 10 others in Monterey Park, California around 20 minutes before their encounter. Tran fled the scene and died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound just before 1:00 p.m. on January 22, 2023.
- On January 23, 2023, California’s 40th governor Gavin Newsom met him at his home in San Marino. On the same day, he and his father spoke with reporters outside their home in San Marino. He offered his condolences to the loved ones of the people Tran fatally shot in Monterey Park, California and said the focus should be not on him but on the people Tran injured and were still fighting for their lives.
- He was 26 years old when he visited the city hall of Monterey Park on January 24, 2023 with his grandmother.