Keith Damon Appling Jr. is an alumnus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, United States. He was born in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan to Keith Damon Appling Sr. and Tottie Williams.
Keith Jr. is 6’1″ tall and his registered weight is 190 pounds. Here are 13 more things about him:
- In 2009, he led the basketball team of Pershing High School in Detroit to win the Michigan High School Athletic Association Class A Basketball Championship.
- In 2010, he graduated from Pershing High School and won the Mr. Basketball of Michigan award. From 2010 to 2014, he studied sociology at Michigan State University where he also played basketball.
- On June 26, 2014, he went undrafted in the 2014 National Basketball Association Draft. He joined the Portland Trail Blazers for the 2014 NBA Summer League, which was held at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida, USA from July 5-11, 2014.
- On September 23, 2014, he signed with the Los Angeles Lakers but on October 20, 2024, he was waived. On November 1, 2014, he was acquired as an affiliate player of the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
- On March 7, 2015, he was traded to the Erie BayHawks in exchange for the returning player rights to Cleveland Melvin. He joined the Orlando Magic white team for the 2015 NBA Summer League, which was held at the Amway Center in Orlando from July 4-20,2015. On September 24, 2015, he signed with the Orlando Magic but he was waived on October 19, 2015. On October 31, 2015, he was reacquired by the Erie BayHawks.
- On January 18, 2016, he signed a 10-day contract with the Orlando Magic and made his NBA debut. On January 29, 2016, he signed another 10-day contract with the team. On February 8, 2016, he was reacquired by the Erie BayHawks. On August 28, 2016, he allegedly drove his car away while a police officer still had his hand in the window during a traffic stop in Detroit.
- In July 2017, he was sentenced to one year in prison and four years of probation for carrying a concealed weapon and resisting a police officer.
- In 2018, he played for Cañeros del Este in the Dominican Republic. From 2018 to 2019, he played for the Abejas de León in Mexico.
- On March 19, 2019, he signed with Pallanestro Piacentina in Italy.
- In February 2020, he was sentenced to 18 months of probation after pleading guilty to possession of a controlled substance, delivering/manufacturing fewer than 50 grams and operating without a license on his person.
- On May 2, 2021, he allegedly shot at man who had come to the house of his girlfriend Natalie Bannister, then 28, in Jackson, Michigan. On May 22, 2021, he allegedly fatally shot Clyde Edmonds, 66, in Detroit then Bannister drove him from the shooting scene. His mother and Edmonds’ wife are first cousins.
- On June 7, 2021, he was charged with first-degree murder, being a felon in possession of a firearm and two counts of felony possession of a firearm.
- He was 31 years old when he pleaded guilty on February 13, 2023 to second-degree murder and a felony possession of a firearm. On March 3, 2021, the remaining charges he faced, which are first-degree murder and two count of felony possession of a firearm, will be dismissed at his sentencing hearing.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply