Elizabeth “Libby” Alexander Murdaugh attended Columbia College in Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She has Alzheimer’s. She lives in Varnville, Hampton County, South Carolina with her caregiver Mushelle “Shelly” Smith and her housekeeper Barbara Ann Mixon.
- Aside from Varnville, she has lived in other parts of South Carolina including Hampton and Estill.
- She was eight months older than her husband Randolph “Randy” Murdaugh III.
- She and Randy attended Wade Hampton High School in Varnville where they started dating.
- In 1966, she gave birth to Randolph “Randy” Murdaugh IV.
- In 1968, she gave birth to Richard Alexander “Alex” Murdaugh.
- In 1970, she gave birth to John Marvin Murdaugh.
- On August 14, 1993, her son Alex married Margaret “Maggie” Branstetter Murdaugh. In 1999, Maggie gave birth to Paul Terry Murdaugh.
- On June 7, 2021, Alex called police to report that he had found Maggie and Paul fatally shot inside their hunting lodge in Islandton, Colleton County, South Carolina. On the same day, her husband was admitted to the hospital with what was believed to be pneumonia. On June 10, 2021, Randy died at age 81.
- She was 84 years old when her son Alex’s murder trial started on January 25, 2023. He is accused of murdering Maggie and Paul. He unexpectedly showed up at her house after 9:00 p.m. on June 7, 2021 while she and Smith were watching a game show, according to Smith’s testimony in court on February 6, 2023.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »