Amanda Lynn Schumann Deza was a Californian woman. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She was a resident of Napa, California, United States.
- Aside from Napa, she also lived in other parts of California including Oakley.
- She and her husband have three children.
- She was found dead and stuffed inside a gold Frigidaire refrigerator manufactured in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA in the 1980s and sold in Oakland, California. She was wearing a blue sweatshirt, a Victoria’s Secret bra, Levi’s shorts, blue-striped knee-high socks and Gorilla boots.
- In 1994, she was separated from her husband and their children. Her family searched for her but did not report her missing.
- She was 29 years old when she disappeared in 1994. She was last seen at an apartment complex in Napa with a man she met at a rehabilitation facility.
- On March 29, 1995, a scavenger looking to recycle bottles and cans found a refrigerator partially submerged in water at the Whiskey Slough in Holt, San Joaquin County, California. Stuffed inside the refrigerator, she was gagged and bound with her hands behind her back. A medical examiner determined that she was killed by blunt force trauma. Detectives believed she had been in the refrigerator for at least six months. She was not identified. John Huber was one of the detectives who investigated the case, which eventually went cold.
- In February 2013, Huber retired without knowing who her identity.
- In 2022, San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office investigators worked with Othram and forensic genealogists to find potential relatives. Detectives found her mother and one of he daughters who both gave deoxyribonucleic acid samples. Her DNA and the samples were a match.
- On February 23, 2023, the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office revealed her identity. Details about her family were not released.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply