Robert Castillo is a Hispanic man from Minnesota, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He was 1 year younger than his wife Corina Woodhull. They lived in Saint Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota.
- In 2001, he was charged with first-degree assault for stabbing a man, then 22, in the back, head and neck in Vadnais Heights, Ramsey County.
- In 2014, he allegedly assaulted a girlfriend with a hammer in the presence of her infant son. He was convicted of assault and sentenced to 10 years in prison. It was his seventh felony. While in prison in Stillwater, Washington County, Minnesota, he allegedly punched a sergeant in the head and punched a correctional officer multiple times in the head
- In 2020, he was charged with assault. He was supposed to be released on September 28, 2020 but he was put on intensive supervised release on December 28, 2020. He served 150 days of segregation time at Oak Park Heights, the maximum security prison in Washington County.
- In August 2022, he was released from prison on intensive supervised release.
- In November 2022, he did not show up to court for a prison assault charge.
- In January 2023, the Minnesota Department of Corrections considered him a fugitive and issued a warrant for alleged violations of conditions of his release.
- In February 2023, a warrant was issued for his arrest.
- On March 21, 2023, he allegedly stabbed Woodhull around 20 times during a Bible study at her sister’s residence in St. Paul. She was taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul where she was pronounced dead. On March 22, 2023, he was arrested and booked into the Ramsey County Jail in St. Paul.
- He was 40 years old when he was charged on March 23, 2023 with second-degree murder. A judge set his bail at $5 million with no conditions. Because it was his third violent crime, he faced increased penalties and mandatory sentencing guidelines.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply