Joye Forrest is an author, a dancer and a beauty queen from Spanish Lake, Missouri, United States. She was born in St. Louis, Missouri.
When Forrest was young, her father took her on missionary trips to Mexico and Africa. Her mother owns Afro World, an Afro-centric store in St. Louis that was started by her grandfather.
Forrest has a brother who works as a Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team member in Kansas City, Kansas, USA and another brother who works with the houseless in St. Louis. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 1998, she started dancing.
- She was a Miss Missouri Teen USA 2014 semifinalist.
- She was Miss Teen Missouri United States 2017, making her the first African-American person to win the title.
- From 2018 to 2019, she was a professional cheerleader for the Los Angeles Laker Girls.
- On December 1, 2019, she competed at Miss Missouri USA 2020 at Muriel W. Battle High School Preforming Arts Centre in Columbia, Missouri. She finished in the Top 15.
- On May 1, 2021, she won Miss Missouri USA 2021 at B&B Live Performing Arts Theatre in Shawnee, Kansas.
- On August 20, 2021, she joined The Salvation Army Midland Division as a brand ambassador.
- On November 29, 2021, she represented Missouri at Miss USA 2021 and competed against 50 other candidates at the Paradise Cove Theater of the River Spirit Casino Resort in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. She was unplaced.
- On May 1, 2022, she crowned her successor Miss Missouri USA 2022 Mikala McGhee at The Mansion Theatre for the Performing Arts in Branson, Missouri.
- On August 5, 2022, she and Austin Mack at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California, USA. He played for the San Francisco 49ers from 2021 to 2022.
- On December 24, 2022, she and Mack got engaged.
- On March 3, 2023, she gave birth to her and Mack’s first daughter.
- She is an alumna of the Center of Creative Arts (COCA), a multidisciplinary community arts organization in St. Louis. She was 27 years old when she received the COCA Alumni award on May 5, 2023.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
2 replies »