Benjamin Dennis Kai Smyth is a Canadian diver and swimmer. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He is a resident of Saanichton, British Columbia.
- In 2021, he entered the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah, USA to pursue a bachelor’s degree in marking. He was a member of the university’s diving team.
- On February 5, 2022, he won the men’s side at the Air Force Diving Invite at the Cadet Natatorium of the U.S. Air Force Academy in El Paso County, Colorado, USA.
- He finished second in platform diving at the 2022 Pac-12 Diving Championships at the Hillenbrand Aquatic Center on the University of Arizona campus in Tucson, Arizona, USA from February 23-26, 2022.
- From August 2022 to September 2022, he was a Women’s Sport Foundation volunteer. On August 13, 2022, he competed in a meet. On August 16, 2022, he met a female student and the two exchanged contact information. Later that day, he allegedly went to her dormitory room and forced himself onto her even though she pushed him off of her and said she did not want to have sex.
- On February 16, 2023, the athletics department of the University of Utah was made aware of the allegation that he sexually assaulted a woman. He said he did not know her but later retracted and claimed that they had consensual sex and she was in pain.
- On February 20, 2023, he was suspended from all team activities of the University of Utah’s athletics department. When a detective showed up at his dorm room to serve a restraining order, a roommate said he had moved out.
- He was enrolled at the University of Utah during the spring 2023 semester, which ended on April 25, 2023.
- On May 8, 2023, a warrant for his arrest was issued and he was charged with rape and forcible sodomy, which are first-degree felonies, and forcible sexual abuse, which is a second-degree felony.
- He was 19 years old when the Salt Lake County district attorney confirmed on May 12, 2023 that he had been arrested upon his return to the U.S. Scott Wilding is his attorney.
Categories: biographical data, Canada, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply