North Olmsted is the eighth most populated city within Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. The Northeast Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force held a human trafficking sting operation in the city on May 11, 2023.
The operation was conducted in conjunction with the North Olmsted Police Department, the Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force and the Westshore Enforcement Bureau. The goal was to identify individuals providing and purchasing commercial sex.
As part of the human trafficking sting operation, 10 men from different parts of the U.S. including Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, were arrested. Here is the list:
- Ahmed Aljabri, 41, Cleveland, Ohio
- Carl Whepley Jr., 55, Perry, Ohio
- Dan Keenan, Jr., 53, Westlake, Ohio
- Errol Jackson, 55, Lorain, Ohio
- Erwin Palma-Torres, 30, Garrettsville, Ohio
- Jacob Safran, 32, Royal Oak, Michigan
- Jeffrey Ohl, 53, LaGrange, Ohio
- Raymond Schillinger, 53, Akron, Ohio
- Sha Chuwan, 32, Erie, Pennsylvania
- William Minor, 52, Cleveland, Ohio
During the operation, the Canopy Child Advocacy Center, the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center, the Harriett Tubman Movement and other agencies assisted the Northeast Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force. Seven potential human trafficking victims were identified and provided resources from the agencies.
“The North Olmsted Police Department will not tolerate this type of activity in our city,” North Olmsted Police Department chief Bob Wagner stated. “We will continue to investigate and prosecute those individuals that come to our city and violate our laws. We greatly appreciate the help from our law enforcement partners and look forward to continuing this relationship in the future.”
Categories: crimes, NEWS, North America, Social Issues, United States
Leave a Reply