Miss Universe 2019 will be crowned at the Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Georgia, United States on December 8, 2019. Out of 90 candidates, only one will become the successor of Catriona Gray of the Philippines.
This marks the third time Conan Daily is releasing its official Miss Universe predictions. In 2017 and in 2018, our predicted first runner-up went on to win the crown. We are excited to find out if this was just a coincidence.
But if our predicted first runner-up becomes the titleholder again, then Miss Universe Mexico 2019 Sofia Aragon is Miss Universe 2019. In 2017, we thought Laura González of Colombia would win and Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters of South Africa would be her runner-up. It was Nel-Peters who won and González was her runner-up.
In 2018, we predicted Andrea Toscano of Mexico as the winner and Catriona Gray of the Philippines as her runner-up. It was Gray who won while Toscano did not place in Miss Universe 2018 but went on to become Miss International 2019 first runner-up.
Like how we did it in Miss Universe 2017 and Miss Universe 2018, I and Erika Diaz Mendoza Lao separately scored all the candidates from 1-10 (with 1-digit decimal point allowed) in terms of their likelihood to win the crown (not in terms of how much we want them to win). Afterwards, we did a deliberation, went back to our individual scores and made some changes before adding our scores to come up with our combined final predictions.
Mexico vs Iceland vs Panama
by Erica Diaz Mendoza Lao
Just to be clear, these are predictions. These are the candidates that I think will make it to the top, which are not necessarily the same candidates that I want to win. As a Chinese-Filipina, of course, I want either Miss Philippines or Miss China to win the crown.
So here are the 10 candidates that I believe will earn the highest scores from the judges:
- Sofia Aragon (Mexico) = 10
- Birta Abiba Þórhallsdóttir (Iceland) = 9.9
- Mehr Eliezer (Panama) = 9.8
- Madison Anderson (Puerto Rico) = 9.8
- Thalia Olvino (Venezuela) = 9.8
- Tarea Sturrup (Bahamas) = 9.7
- Rosie Zhu Xin (China) = 9.7
- Vartika Singh (India) = 9.7
- Mariana Vareal (Argentina) = 9.6
- Gazini Ganados (Philippines) = 9.6
Iceland vs South Africa vs India
by Jillianina Estevez
As a patriotic Filipina (LOL), I will cheer for Miss Philippines in Miss Universe 2019 as usual. But I don’t see a back-to-back win this year. I strongly believe she will be one of the runners-up though.
Don’t get me wrong. I believe Gazini Ganados is a strong contender but there is just something about Pia Wurtzbach and Catriona Gray that not every Miss Philippines possesses.
So here is my list of 10 candidates most likely to win the crown:
- Birta Abiba Þórhallsdóttir (Iceland) = 10.0
- Zozibini Tunzi (South Africa) = 9.9
- Vartika Singh (India) = 9.8
- Shubila Stanton (Tanzania) = 9.8
- Gazini Ganados (Philippines) = 9.7
- Mehr Eliezer (Panama) = 9.7
- Sofia Aragon (Mexico) = 9.7
- Iana Tickle Garcia (Jamaica) = 9.6
- Shirin Akter Shela (Bangladesh) = 9.5
- Thalia Olvino (Venezuela) = 9.5
After individually scoring the candidates, I and Erika did a long (3 hours and 20 minutes to be exact, LOL) deliberation. We both agreed that this will be our combined predictions:
Final Miss Universe 2019 predictions
We predict that these candidates will finish in the Top 10 but will not move to the Top 5:
- Vartika Singh (India)
- Zozibini Tunzi (South Africa)
- Madison Anderson (Puerto Rico)
- Shubila Stanton (Tanzania)
- Iana Tickle Garcia (Jamaica)
Predicted 4th runner-up
Gazini Ganados (Philippines)
Predicted 3rd runner-up
Thalia Olvino (Venezuela)
Predicted 2nd runner-up
Mehr Eliezer (Panama)
Predicted 1st runner-up
Sofia Aragon (Mexico)
Predicted Miss Universe 2019