A duel between England and Ireland will shake up BRAVE Combat Federation’s return to Saudi Arabia. “BRAVE CF 33” will feature a lightweight clash of epic proportions as two arch-rivals are set to throw down.
Cian “The Warrior” Cowley, 25, of Ireland and Sam Patterson, 23, of England stole the show at the ceremonial weigh-ins held at the Al-Andalus Mall in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on December 27, 2019. They almost came to blows before being separated by BRAVE CF president Mohammed Shahid.
Cowley and Patterson did the last staredown before fight night and refused to divert their glance as they measured each other on the eve of their fight. The Irish contender is coming off a knockout loss and looking to regroup.
Patterson also needs a win after a draw in his latest outing. The sense of urgency between him and Cowley was clear to see as their rivalry almost reached a boiling point.
In the main event, Ikram Aliskerov, 27, of Russia and Diego “The Silencer” Gonzalez, 35, of Sweden confirmed their middleweight bout. The Russian contender thanked the presence of His Highness Shaikh Khaled bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the visionary and leader of BRAVE Combat Federation and KHK MMA.
The fight night will take place at the Prince Abdullah Al Faisal Stadium in Jeddah. All of the 22 athletes made weight in the official weigh-ins:
- Bantamweight: Gamzat Magomedov (61.4kg) vs Harold Banario (61.6kg)
- Super Lightweight: Ahmed Amir (75.2kg) vs Yousef Wehbe (75.3kg)
- Featherweight: Hassan Talal (65.8 kg) vs Shoaib Yousaf (66.2kg)
- Lightweight: Cian Cowley (70.4kg) vs Sam Patterson (70.4kg)
- Featherweight: Rolando Dy (66kg) vs Anzor Abdulkhozaev (66.2 kg)
- Light Heavyweight: Mohamed Said Maalem (92.5kg) vs Todd Stoute (92.1kg)
- Welterweight: Rami Hamed (77.5kg) vs Issa Isakov (77.4kg)
- Catchweight (88kg): Mostafa Rashed Neda (87.7 kg) vs Alexis Fontes (87.4kg)
- Catchweight (64kg): Felipe Efrain (63.5 kg) vs Jeremy Pacatiw (63.6 kg)
- Featherweight: Abdullah Al-Qahtani (66kg) vs Zia Mashwani (65.7kg)
- Middleweight: Ikram Aliskerov (84.1 kg) vs Diego Gonzalez (84.1 kg)