Alexis “Lexy” Kadey Burke is a filmmaker and actor from Nashville, Tennessee, United States. She is popular on TikTok and is known as a serial tipper.
Burke is married to Austin Burke, a country singer-songwriter originally from Phoenix, Arizona, USA. They both have had server jobs in Nashville.
During the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Lexy did a tip challenge with Austin. They gave tips to strangers using money donated by her followers via Venmo.
Lexy and Austin’s tip challenge videos are available on her TikTok account. Here are 13 more facts about her:
- From 2013 to 2017, she attended Lindenwood University in Saint Charles, Missouri, USA where she earned her bachelor’s degree in Digital Cinema Arts.
- While studying at Lindenwood University, she produced music videos and filmed weddings in Nashville.
- She co-hosts “The Queen and the Queer” podcast.
- She owns The Nash Bachelorette House in Nashville.
- She played a dancer in “Helicopter Mom,” a comedy film that hit theaters in the U.S. on June 4, 2014. Written by Duke Tran and directed by Salomé Breziner, the film starred Nia Vardalos and Jason Dolley.
- She played a candor girl in “The Divergent Series: Insurgent,” an action sci-fi film that hit theaters in the U.S. on March 20, 2015. Directed by Robert Schwentke, it starred Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Theo James.
- She played Crystal in “Escape Artist,” a drama film that hit theaters in the U.S. on March 22, 2017. Written and directed by James “Only Now Existing” Garrett, it starred Alex Miller, Grant Liffmann and Brianna Kellum.
- In 2017, she received a $1,000 tip while she was working as a server at Honky Tonk Central on Lower Broadway in Nashville.
- In 2018, her senior thesis film “Crowning Change- The Erin O’Flaherty Story” made waves in the film festival circuit. It is a short documentary about the first openly gay Miss America contestant.
- In 2019, Austin proposed to her at the Country Thunder Music Festival with the help of his fellow country singer-songwriter Dierks Bentley.
- On July 26, 2020, she and Austin gave $2,000 to 11 wait staff members of Olive Garden in Antioch, Tennessee, marking the 22nd recipient of their tip challenge.
- On August 2, 2020, she and Austin gave $1,000 to Toni Hayes, a server at Noshville Delicatessen in Nashville.
- On August 8, 2020, she and Austin gave a $1,000 gift to a young man named Kevin playing violin outside a Target store in Nashville with a tip jar and sign that read, “Need to help my mom with rent – God bless.” He is the 31st recipient of their tip challenge.
Categories: biographical data, Lifestyle, LISTS, North America, Social Issues, United States
Leave a Reply