Chantal Wiertz is a Curaçao model, beauty queen and equestrian of Dutch descent. She is also an aspiring restaurateur and bakery owner.
Aside from fashion and beauty pageants, Wiertz is also into philanthropy, horseback riding and baking. She loves coffee and pizza.
An animal lover, Wiertz has three horses and seven dogs. One of the things she does not enjoy doing is going to the dentist.
Wiertz is 183 cm tall. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in the Netherlands. She has an older sister and two younger brothers.
- She is fluent in Dutch, German, English and Papiamentu. She speaks a little Spanish.
- In 2005, she started horseback riding with the guidance of her mother.
- In 2009, she participated in a fashion show, which was her first one.
- From the Netherlands, she and her family moved to Germany where she spent a few years of her childhood. In October 2013, they moved from Germany to Curaçao.
- In 2016, she went to Miami, Florida, United States for her first international photo shoot.
- In 2017, she signed several modeling contracts and traveled to China, Japan and Singapore.
- In 2019, she stayed for one week at the Hommage Hotel and Residences on 173 Route de Baie Nettle Marigot in Saint Martin where she had a photo shoot with Belgian photographer Jean Jarreau.
- On June 21, 2019, she competed in Miss Universe Curaçao 2019. She was runner-up to Kyrsha Attaf, who was unplaced in Miss Universe 2019.
- During the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in 2020, she participated in the philanthropic activities of the Crisis Bank of the Child Abuse Foundation, an initiative of the Stichting tegen Kindermishandeling which she is a member of. She is also an ambassador of Fourday March, an organization that fights child abuse.
- In May 2020, the Curacao Beauty Pageant Committee appointed her as Miss Universe Curaçao 2020. She received her sash from Attaf. She is the 53rd woman to represent Curaçao in Miss Universe.
- While preparing for Miss Universe 2020, she also went to school as a food and beverage management student. In November 2020, she talked to Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Rabiya Mateo and Miss Universe Japan 2020 Aisha Harumi Tochigi.
- She was 22 years old when she represented Curaçao in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida on May 16, 2021. She finished in the Top 21.