Denise Speelman is a Dutch beauty queen, model, entrepreneur and fashion stylist. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born and raised in Groningen, Netherlands.
- She is 6’1″ tall.
- She can perfectly spin cotton candy.
- An advocate for eating disorder awareness, she volunteers at the Rintveld clinic, one of the biggest eating disorder clinics in the Netherlands.
- She works for the organization Hulphond Nederland, which trains dogs to assist people with physical and mental problems including epilepsy and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and epilepsy.
- From 2009 to 2013, she attended Dr. Aletta Jacobs College in Groningen.
- From 2013 to 2014, she attended Alfa College in Gronigen where she studied marketing and communication. She worked at Doubble U in Groningen as a trainee sales employee from November 2013 to April 2014 and as a hostess from November 2013 to November 2016.
- She was Miss Noord Nederland 2014.
- From 2014 to 2015, she attended Nederlandse Beauty School in Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands.
- In 2016, she attended Style School ByDanie in Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands. In the same year, she recovered from an eating disorder and gained 10 kilos.
- In January 2017, she opened Denise Speelman Styling, a styling company in Amsterdam, which promotes self-confidence and celebrates all shapes and sizes.
- On August 31, 2020, she was crowned Miss Nederland 2020 at Studio21 in Hilversum, North Holland.
- She was 24 years old when she represented the Netherlands in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, United States on May 16, 2021. She was unplaced.