Margaret “Maggie” Kennedy Branstetter Murdaugh was born in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States to Kennedy Hubbard Branstetter and Terry Lee Branstetter. Maggie is the younger sister of Marian Branstetter Proctor, who is married to Bart Proctor.
Maggie was 1 year younger than her husband Richard “Alex” Alexander Murdaugh. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She and Alex raised their two sons in Hampton, South Carolina, USA and enjoyed spending their summers at their beach house on Edisto Island in Charleston County, South Carolina. They also have a hunting lodge in Islandton, Colleton County, South Carolina.
- From 1980 to 1987, she, her sister and their parents lived in Unionville, Chester County, Pennsylvania, USA.
- From 1984 to 1986, she was a member of the track team of Unionville High School in Kennett Square, Chester County.
- In 1991, she graduated from the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina where she met Alex.
- On August 14, 1993, she and Alex got married.
- In 1996, she gave birth to Richard “Buster” Alexander Murdaugh Jr.
- In 1999, she gave birth to Paul Terry Murdaugh.
- In May 2020, she and Alex sold their 6,800-square-foot house in Hampton for $375,000.
- In July 2020, she took to Facebook to announce that she had moved to Edisto Island.
- On May 6, 2021, she searched on Google “white pill 30 on one side rp”, which matches the description of a 30 mg Oxycodone Hydrochloride pill. On the same day, her son Paul left Alex a voicemail saying, “I am still in EB (Edisto Beach) because when you get here we have to talk. Mom found several bags of pills in your computer bag.”
- On May 7, 2021, Alex sent a text to her, which read, “I am very sorry that I do this to all of you. I love you.”
- On May 26, 2021, she searched on Google “green gel pill p30,” which matches the description of a nonprescription nighttime cold and flu medication.
- On June 7, 2021, she and her son Paul were fatally shot in their family hunting lodge in Islandton. She was 52.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply