Anissa Weier is a white woman from Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is Bill Weier‘s daughter.
- She was friends with her fellow Waukesha residents Payton Leutner and Morgan Geyser.
- In fourth grade, Leutner befriended Geyser, who befriend her in sixth grade. When she and Geyser started talking about Slender Man, a fictional character that started with an online post in 2009, Leutner thought it was odd but she went along with it.
- On May 30, 2014, she and Leutner attended a slumber party at the Waukesha home of Geyser, who was celebrating her birthday.
- On May 31, 2014, she and Geyser lured Leutner in David’s Park, a wooded area near Waukesha. She urged Geyser on while Geyser was stabbing Leutner 19 times to appease Slender Man. Leutner survived and underwent emergency surgery that day at ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital in Waukesha. On the same day, she and Geyser were arrested.
- She, Geyser and Leutner were all 12 years old when the stabbing took place in David’s Park on May 31, 2014. Inspired by the stabbing, the movie “Terror in the Woods” aired on Lifetime on October 14, 2018 while the movie “Mercy Black” was released on Netflix on March 31, 2019.
- In August 2017, she pleaded guilty to being a party to attempted second-degree intentional homicide.
- In September 2017, a jury agreed that she was not responsible for her actions on May 31, 2014 because she was mentally ill.
- In December 2017, a judge ordered her to 25 years in a mental health facility. She was committed to the Winnebago Mental Health Institute in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- In March 2021, she petitioned for conditional release. She told Waukesha County Judge Michael Bohren that she had exhausted all her treatment options at the Winnebago Mental Health Institute and she needed to rejoin society.
- On July 1, 2021, Bohren ordered her release from the Winnebago Mental Health Institute.
- On September 10, 2021, Bohren approved the conditions of her release from the Winnebago Mental Health Institute.
- She is not allowed to contact Leutner until 2039.